Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm back!!!

After a year off from blogging about triathlons, I'm back! Did you miss me? :)

Last year was a whirlwind, starting with me and Adam's wedding! It was an amazing day and I'm so blessed and happy to have him. This weekend will be our 1 year anniversary -- I cannot believe how the year has flown by!


We had lots of other things going on include both our brothers graduations and busy summers with other friends weddings.

With all these exciting events, I didn't have a lot of time to train for triathlons, let alone keep up with a blog.

However, this year I am hoping to get back into it and hope that logging my workouts will help me stay on track. Last year, I competed with Dawn, Erika and Karissa in the Trek Women's Triathlon in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. Its my favorite place to race -- I've raced there every year since I've started competing in triathlons. However, I got my worst time last year and I think part of that was due to the fact that I didn't record my workouts like I had in the past. So I'm back to the blogging world, which blends two of my passions -- working out and writing.

Tonight I started my triathlon training season with a 2 mile run. Adam joined me for the first mile, then I completed the second one on my own. I was very pleasantly surprised that I was able to run the majority of the two miles! Usually I dread my first run of the season because its a rude awakening to how out of shape I am! I have tried to work out a few times a week with zumba and kickboxing classes and workout dvd's at home, so I think that helped. I'm glad to kick off the training season on a good note and look forward to what the summer brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment