Wednesday, August 26, 2009

4 days until the Chicago Tri!

So here I am 4 days away from the Chicago Tri -- one of the biggest triathlons (besides the Ironman of course) and I'm so excited! Last week I did a swim on Monday, stationary bike ride Tuesday, swim on Wednesday, a run on Thursday and then a brick workout with Micheala, my brother's girlfriend who also will compete in the Chicago Tri -- on Saturday! I would have to say the best workout of the week was on Saturday... it was great to have someone to work out with and also talk about triathlons with!

We went on an hour and fifteen minute bike ride around Champaign and then came to the house to get some water and then did a 1.8-mile run in my neighborhood. I was really tired after our workout, but in a good way! My legs were hurting at first during the run but after awhile they were feeling good.

Now its my week to taper off so I'm doing really short workouts -- Monday I did a 500 yard swim and yesterday I did a 1.8-mile run/walk. I'm hoping to get in one more swim and a bike ride before the race on Sunday!

Tomorrow I will head to the burbs, so tonight I will have to make sure I have all my gear:
  • tri suit
  • googles
  • swim cap
  • waterbottles (at least 2)
  • bike
  • helmet
  • running shoes
  • flat tire kit
  • baseball cap
  • sunglasses
  • sunscreen
  • INHALER (definitely can't forget that!)
  • fleece jacket (it will be freezing at 5 a.m. when we have to head to the race site)

No comments:

Post a Comment