Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting back on track

So I fell off the training bandwagon for awhile there. I really should have made time for it, but I guess that's just the way life goes sometimes.

I went on vacation to Florida with Adam and our friends Mindy and Nick to visit Adam's family and had a great time. It was nice to visit with them and have some time off from work. One of the first nights there we went to Hard Knocks, where you can play laser tag. This is no ordinary laser tag game, though. They had different missions and we played for more than two hours. The next morning I woke up and every muscle in my body was hurting -- how could I get THIS sore from laser tag? I hadn't even been this sore after my first triathlon!

By the time I recovered from that, we were on our way back to Illinois and it was time to start packing for my move back to Champaign. Saturday we moved my things home and yesterday was the first time I've trained since my last swim!

I decided to go for a run, but since I work nights its hard to get up before the weather gets hot and humid. There is a loop around our house and the surrounding streets which is .6 miles, so I ran four laps, but I had to take a break after the first two to get more water. It was extremely hot and my heart rate average was 176 -- way too high! But it felt great to get outside and be moving again.

Unfortunately my allergies are giving me problems today, so I'm going to stay indoors for my workout -- maybe pop in a workout DVD and do some weight training as well. Hopefully they'll clear up soon so I get get out on my bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment