Monday, June 22, 2009

It's too freakin' hot!

While I've been enjoying working on my swimming more at the pool, we haven't had a decent day (weather-wise) to get a good workout outdoors. Last Friday, Adam came to Champaign and we ATTEMPTED a run. We lasted 11 minutes. How sad. But, my heart rate was through the roof because, as I found out later, the heat index was 108. Freakin' ridiculous!

OK, so on to the good news -- I'm lasting a lot longer on my swims! Well, last Thursday I had to cut my swim short because I didn't get to the pool early enough and only had 20 minutes before open swim started and the lifeguards made me move so they could take out the lane dividers... but today I swam 2,000 meters in 54 minutes! OK, so I didn't swim those 2,000 without any breaks, but I was able to do a few sets of 200 without taking breaks! It's all about the small progressions :)

Over the weekend I didn't get any training in unfortunately. Saturday was busy with a wedding that Adam and I attended, but it was a blast so I didn't mind missing training for that! And Sunday was spent with my dad for Father's Day, of course!

Here's to hoping for some cooler weather so I can log some miles on that bike of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment