Tuesday, June 16, 2009

swimming success!

Yesterday, after a filling breakfast of a banana, apple and cinnamon oatmeal and coffee, I went over to the Urbana Park District pool to get a 3-month swim pass and work more on my breathing technique in the pool.

First of all, the facilities there are awesome! The pool was a good temperature and the place was so clean! A big step up from the YMCA where I used to do my swimming -- I really liked the people there, but the pool was heated too much and I just thought the pool was gross there -- just my opinion though! There was a lot of room in each lane too, so that was nice.

So I started out on the swim, with an easy pace to get warmed up. After about 200 meters, I was getting the hang of my breathing technique that I had practiced on Saturday and my speed increased. I also noticed during this workout that I was able to do sets of 100 meters without stopping, whereas on Saturday I could only do 50 before I was worn out. Toward the end of my workout, I was getting little lazy on my form, but it was probably because I was getting worn out and hungry! But I still finished the workout, which totalled 1,000 meters, within 22 minutes! I was so psyched! I never realized what a difference the right breathing and swimming form would do for my times! I left the pool feeling confident about the progress I'd made in just a couple days and made it my goal to get to the pool three times a week.

Today I had planned on going running or biking, but since it was raining off and on all morning, I decided to take the day off of training. Tomorrow, I'll get back into it with another swim at the UPD pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment